Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Death by Trailer

As per usual, I have failed as a blogger and left you at the edge of your seats!!!! How terrible of me! I will start by saying...sorry...for causing you such horrible agony 😉 next I must apologize, this post is from my phone as our internet has cone out, so you may see some miss spellings and odd autocorrects.

Since my last post, we have again done many things. The flooring was so rotted in our bedroom slide out all the word had to be replaced and the floor in the living room slide out was replaced as well.
Glad we found this even though it meant replacement. The wood was composting.
The slide out was held in by that...umm can you say death trap in more than one way?
Our garden!!! The rot was so extensive in the bedroom we were growing things. It is likely we would have ended up very ill or injured had we moved in without fixing these problems.
Just to show how soft the wood was.
As you can see we got some of the flooring in but we had to remove the floor from the slide out.

We still have not completed all the floor upstairs in the bathroom or bedroom. However the downstairs has been completed. 

For this looking for information about it we used the allure cherry flooring and decided to glue it because we aren't sure where we are going to end up. 
Flooring teaser. As you can see the slide out was replaced with a tarp until it was put back in.
When trying to replace the slide out, I nearly dropped it on Eric, so instead my adrenaline kicked in and I dropped it on myself. I didn't know until Eric was back in the trailer and my foot was gushing blood. Ps I hate feet!!!
Before putting the rest of the floor in we decided to cut off part of the island. It opened the space up immensely! So glad we did it. Just make sure when dealing with electrical stuff to unplug the trailer. 

 A note on taking this apart. All we did was saw it up however, because there was a plug in we required some rewording. After attempting to thread the wire back through the floor several times using feeling and hopeful sight, my husband pulled out his bore score and we had success. I will tell you it came in very handy!!!

 As far as actually putting the flooring in, I will have to get back to you. That will require a full post. Now that I have the blogger app on my phone I can write it pieces at a time and hopefully save it. I'm always so busy with school and work that I don't have time for much else. Sorry ladies and gents.

Happy camping!
Victoria



No comments:

Post a Comment