Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Adventure Time

Okay. There is a lot to get you all caught up on as the past two days have been filled with rehoming, moving, and other essential that really add to our story. First and foremost, we had our very first trailer adventure...attempting to get it in the backyard. I have posted below several pictures of this process. I just have to say, I definitely have the most amazing and fantastic husband; without him and his knowledge this feat would not have been possible. Additionally, I want to thank my father-in-law Jonathan, and our friend Cole for their assistance as ground guides, supervisors, and coordinators. Although I probably could have attempted it, my knowledge and spatial abilities would have fallen flat to the task. You three are amazing men and I appreciate all that you did this weekend!!!

Now, to most people, the daunting task would have been impossible as it was like getting a camel to go through the eye of a needle (is that how the saying goes, well it's too late in the evening for me to care anyways so doesn't really matter). There were several obstacles that had to be considered including a tree, municipality boxes, our neighbors yard, and the gate. Surprisingly, it only took a few hours to accomplish, with many, forward, backward, forward, backwards, inch this way and inch that ways. Somehow it is now in the backyard :)

 This tended to be the issue with each of the obstacles, just shy of enough room :(
 The home stretch...we had to remove the ladder to get it through unscathed.
Nearly there, nearly there!!!! Plus ground guide 1, my father-in-law :D
 Yup, they pulled some MacGyver and winched the branches back. (The tree was not allowed to come down, so although that's a good thought, not an option.) Plus ground guide 2, our friend :D 
PS If you look, both of them have got the head tilt down :,D
My husbands got skills!
Yup, happened a few times. Required some re-situating.
Little man watching the action. I'll make sure to make a post about animal transitions to mobile living.
Like I said, threading!
He took up the whole road. I saw several cars begin to turn down the street, see the trailer, then make a U turn. It was rather amusing. We also managed to gather a few neighborhood bystanders. 
Example of the tree winch. 

In showing all of these pictures, with my silly little captions, I am trying to explain that truly anything is possible, especially with a tiny home. The joke now is that if our in-laws ever sell their home, my husband and I come with it :D

Now, our second big adventure was selling our Nissan. It was a big step. We had placed it on craigslist last year when we thought we were moving out of state and not a single person was interested. This time we had several calls within the first weekend and sold on the third day of the post. I think it's God's way of saying we are following his calling and making decisions that align with his plan for us. I'll admit, I am pretty darn excited.

With all of that being said, the inside is slowly beginning to make some changes that I will share with you later this week, including the final painting photos, determining amperage to decrease the possibility of throwing the breaker *rolls eyes and sighs with exasperation*, and the installation of the new flooring this weekend!!!!!! Each hour, and every step brings us closer to our completed home :)

Happy camping!
Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment